Sunday 12 May 2013

Jeep Club Newsletter 4 / 2013



Hello Jeepers!

Last two sections of the forum left for today. 

The Market. Here we buy, sell and share resources to some stuff we think may be useful for others. Section divided into three sub-sections : 

Bay Watch
Wanted 
For Sale

In Bay Watch you can post any links to ebay, gumtree, autotrader or other sites where you've found something interesting - lets keep it clean and Jeeps (or at least cars) related, so please don't post here links to someone's sister worn underwear.

Wanted - you may request parts here. We are collecting heck lot of stuff "just in case" and then have no space in garage, so gals and lads - have a look sometimes into that section maybe your rubbish is someone's else treasure!

For Sale - of course we sale our stuff here. Here I have to ask you to follow few simply rules. 
Members can sell anything, but please, put some effort to prepare nice, good looking post with pictures and accurate description of the item. From now on posts containing only ebay link will be deleted. Why? Because ebay doesn't need one more search engine. 



BUSINESS SELLERS - It happened in the past that For Sale section was flooded over night by some dealer's stock etc. 
Till now I was removing posts only if someone really abused us posting endless stock, but from now policy has changed. 

Let me repeat - POLICY HAS CHANGED.

If you are business seller you have to ask Admin for permission to post your stuff. I have decided to take control over it for simply reason. Our forum is growing, so it's presence on internet is growing, we are Jeeps dedicated community, so our For Sale section became a tasty morsel for 'businesses' looking for quick and free way to present their stuff to focused group of customers. 

To be clear - I'm not saying I will or not charge businesses for posting their items on jeep-club.co.uk. My concern is to make sure that what is being advertised on B2C basis is quality and worth our attention. If I let to advertise on forum every shady business, forum's future will be dark like Lord Vader's socks. 
Conclusion - if you are a business - give me a shout before post. I don't bait. For now If I see you are serious, have history, yet - if you want to be a part of jeep-club.co.uk community and want to share your knowledge and expertise - you are welcome. You'll get BUSINESS rank and voila!

Forum. Last section to discuss. I believe 90% of you never been there, which isn't bad by the way - that means everything goes smooth ;)
It's the place where should you go to report problems with forum, login, pm's, internet, tapatalk, posting, attachments and similar problems. Also if you want to comment on how forum, admin, mods are doing - this is the place where you go. 
I also post there all stuff about forum software updates, scheduled maintenance and so on.

So yes - I'm done. 
I did my best to describe and explain forum's structure basics. 
Again, if something is unclear, give me shout on forum, comment here or send PM. I'll do my best to help.

That's long one again... 

Thanks for reading
Cheers
Mac / Jeep-Club.co.uk Admin


In next issue I'll explain why some people lives on forum while others are spanner men :)

No comments:

Post a Comment